22 June 2010

Monsanto's Chicken or Egg

Hell in a Handbasket, Part 20,215,486,657 Dept.: Monsanto is allowed to sell their GM alfalfa before all safety tests have been completed. Monsanto's GM alfalfa is resistant to Monsanto's own herbicide, which makes me wonder why the hell did they even develop it? And seven of the nine Supreme Court judges found it unconstitutional that Monsanto was barred from selling the genetically modified seeds before all safety tests were completed...??? What? Aren't these things supposed to be completely tested before sale? Isn't that what the FDA is for?

Book corner: two more down for 2010. The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall: i found it a bit smug but ultimately liked it. And one of the Never Read It In School books, the gateway to becoming a serial killer (according to Joey), The Catcher In The Rye. I liked it. I really did. I also understand why Nine never finished reading it as you do want to slap Holden (or Salinger) around for being so annoying. But whereas i found him entertainingly annoying, Nine obviously found him smackworthy.

1 comment:

plannine said...

My comment is just that I love you!

Culturally speaking, what would my life have been without you?

Thanks pal!

XOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOOXOXOXXOXOXXOOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOX